Redeeming vouchers is the only way to generate regular payments and valuable analytics for your vouchers, here's our handy guide to keeping things on track.
Reasons to redeem your vouchers
- quick & regular payments - redeeming vouchers when used by customers is now the only way to generate regular payments
- honest feedback - redeeming a voucher sends a feedback questionnaire to the customer, giving you valuable insight into their experience via the private (not public) reviews section of your Hub
- fraud prevention - we like to think our members are a great bunch of people, but we know from time to time an individual may try to use their voucher more than once or even after it has been cancelled. Redeeming vouchers quickly as they're used quickly helps identify any opportunistic wrongdoers
When to redeem your vouchers
- Timing is key to getting paid quickly for used vouchers. Redeeming vouchers too early (typically before a customer has used their voucher or placed an order, or when they are booking their visit) can result in payments being held until our system is updated
- When should I redeem?
- When a customer is in your business, using their voucher or after they have completed their experience
- After you've fulfilled or dispatched an order
- When's too early?
- When a customer books their experience (use our booked status instead)
- When a customer places an order
- When should I redeem?
Ways to redeem
There are 3 easy ways to redeem itison vouchers
- Paperless vouchers (coming soon!) From 20 April 2021 we're launching a new way to redeem through itison customers' own mobile devices, showing you their voucher and allowing your team to quickly redeem when they are in your business. You won't require a Hub login in or access to a business device meaning anyone in your team can approve these redemptions!
- Hub scanner app is the quickest way to redeem vouchers using QR codes and suited to businesses redeeming high volumes of vouchers in quick succession when itison customers are with you, you'll require a Hub login and the app is free to download for both iOS and Android devices 📲
- Hub is our comprehensive portal for managing all the details of your feature including sales overviews, analytics, payments and, of course, redeeming vouchers! You'll need access to an internet browser on a desktop, laptop or tablet and can process redemptions when a customer is in your business or at a later date. Hub is well suited to central reservations or back-office teams